The Hopcott Farm was purchased in 1932 by Fred & Jane Hopcott, who were born and raised in Ladner, BC. The land had never been farmed and was covered with small trees. For 25 years it was a dairy farm. The dairy barn, which was built in 1934, still stands on the farm today as our hay loft. In 1957, the dairy herd was sold and we started raising beef cattle.
Gradually over the years, the farm diversified. In 1996, 70 acres of corn fields were converted into cranberry bogs to grow berries for Ocean Spray. In the year 2000, we expanded the farm and opened Meadows Maze, an agri-tourism destination, on a property across from the the original farm site. In 2006, we opened Hopcott Meats, a full service butcher shop & grocery store located right on the farm, and expanded this in 2015 to include a kitchen with bistro and patio.